Use the BCSTH Library catalogue to find carefully-selected web links (online reports, websites, online videos), plus books, DVDs, psycho-educational games, training manuals, and BCSTH publications that members may borrow: BCSTH covers all mailing costs. Link to the BCSTH Library blog for the latest highlights, or view a list of Popular Topics and how BCSTH members use resources in their work.
Our resources will be of interest to Transition, Second and Third Stage Houses and Safe Homes, Children Who Witness Abuse counselors, and other groups that serve the needs of women who have experienced violence, and their children. Library resources represent many opinions and not necessarily those of BCSTH.
Who We Serve
The Library is primarily for staff who work at BCSTH’s member organizations. To find out how to become a member of BCSTH click here.
We also serve libraries in British Columbia through the inter-library loan system.
Our Services to Member Organizations
Our member organizations benefit from these library services:
- Borrow books at no charge – books are sent by mail throughout BC: BCSTH covers all postage costs
- Borrow audio-visuals at no charge – DVDs, psycho-educational games, and VHS videos are sent by mail throughout BC: BCSTH covers all postage costs
- BCSTH Library blog - read about what's new, and these Popular Topics
- New resources listing - click on Reading Lists > New - includes web links, reports, books and audio-visuals
- Subscribe to the weekly BCSTH enewsletter for what's new in the library - contact us to subscribe
- Ask a Research Librarian for help finding information and resources
First-time borrower? If you work for a BCSTH member organization and would like to borrow from the library, learn how to get started. Don't forget that there are also lots of great web links in the library catalogue.
Due to limited space and staffing, we are unable to accommodate in-person visits to the library.
Services to Non-Members via Libraries (Inter-library Loans)
Libraries in British Columbia may email, fax or phone us to request inter-library book loans from our collection. If you are a non-member and would like to borrow items from BCSTH, please visit your local library to request an inter-library loan. Due to limited space and staffing, we are unable to accommodate in-person visits to the library.
Loan Period & Renewals
Library resources may be borrowed for 6 weeks. If there is a waiting list, the loan period is 4 weeks. Resources may be renewed if there is no waiting list.
Suggest a Resource
Please email us with your recommendations for additions to the library.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org